CARVING – TIGNES
Skiing fast down the groomed piste, getting your skis to cut two clean tacks into the snow, has got to be one of the best feelings you can have with a modern carving ski. Our coaches will explain the simple movements required to achieve these great feelings. New skis mean that we can ALL carve!
The Carving Courses are offered in two different ability levels, Experience and Performance.
Experience – for those who are confident on blue and easy red runs and wish to be introduced to carving.
- Understand the difference between twisting and tipping the skis – the key to getting the skis to carve.
- Develop sideways movements, so that tipping the skis onto their edges becomes a natural way to turn the skis.
- Balancing effectively will allow you to keep the skis carving when others start to skid.
Performance – for those who can confidently carve on easy slopes.
- Tip the skis further, to create bigger edge angles and cut tighter arcs. This will keep the skis carving even on those steep icy black runs.
- Learn to understand concepts such as inclination and angulation.
- Challenge these skills just like ski racers do through a Giant Slalom race course.