OFF PISTE – TIGNES
Ultimate coaches can take you away from the lifts and hustle and bustle of the resort, into the unspoilt natural beauty of Europe’s best mountains.
Your coach will take you to areas of the resort where you can be rewarded with fresh powder, allowing you to leave your mark in the mountains.
Basic avalanche training and backcountry kit (avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe) are all part of the session if needed.
Instructors will pass on techniques to allow you to adapt your piste skiing ready for the deeper snow, right through to extreme routes to challenge even the most advanced skiers.
The Off-piste Courses are offered in two different ability levels, Experience and Performance.
Off-piste Experience: for those who are confident on red runs and wish to be introduced to off-piste skiing.
- Adapt your piste skills to feel confident off-piste, starting on the slopes then venturing off into softer snow. A few simple changes in your balance and movements can have you skiing in control and ready to experience all types of snow conditions.
- Become more aware of mountain and avalanche safety. This course provides basic avalanche training using the avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe.
- Our instructors will endeavour to find champagne powder but will also introduce a range of tactics to deal with varying off-piste snow conditions.
Off-Piste performance: for those who have previous off-piste experience and are comfortable away from the slopes.
- Ski steeper slopes and deeper snow; instructors will help you stay balanced and provide a variety of tricks and tactics to keep the skis in control on the harder terrain.
- Push your comfort zone. Ultimate instructors can take you on any number of spectacular off-piste routes, from smooth backcountry runs to steep couloirs. Go out and conquer the mountain!
- With suitable conditions, a short hike or walk will allow your coach to present a more in-depth look at snow types and avalanche prevention. You will also be shown how to safely use a transceiver, shovel and probe.