BUMPS – VAL D’ISERE
The Marmite of skiing; you either love them or hate them. Forming all over the mountain in all shapes and sizes, moguls offer some of the biggest challenges on the mountain. We can provide you with the tools and skills along with a simplified understanding of the movements needed to adapt your piste technique to ski them like a pro.
The Bumps Courses are offered in two different ability levels, Experience and Performance.
Experience – for those who are confident on red runs and wish to be introduced to bumps.
- Turn your legs faster to make easier shorter turns. Develop these skills on the piste then quickly transfer them on to uneven terrain and then the moguls.
- Use skidding and scraping to control your speed. The bumps are never an even shape or gradient; a few helpful tactics will ensure you stay in control from top to bottom.
- Use your legs to absorb the bumps. Get the most out of your ankles, knees and hips to keep that all-important ski/snow contact.
Performance – for those who have previous bumps experience
- Deal with bigger bumps on steeper slopes. Coaches will continually aid your development of the short turn. Drills and speed control tactics will enable you to ski those black mogul fields with confidence.
- Ski the bumps with greater speed and flow. Refine the movements from your ankles, knees and hips to maximise your efficiency.
- Take a fall line descent, or learn to adjust your line for changes in rhythm and terrain, but above all go for it.